SUMMER TERM -WEEK 1-
Year 1 - Working At Home
From 20th April 2020
Your child will be set weekly activities for English, Maths, Topic and also we will give you other ideas you can do at home. These will be either online activities or refer to work in the packs sent home. We will update the year 1 class page weekly. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bear in mind that there will be times when these links / sites are not working due to the high demand from all school children and teachers. Don't worry just complete the activities when you can.
Please keep sending us emails and photographs of what you are doing at home, we love to see them!
Week Beginning 20th April 2020
Challenge of the Day
The Woodcock family are Dad, Mum and Daisy.
Dad is 37 years old, Mum is 39 years old and Daisy is 5 years old.
How old will they all be in 10 years time?
Check back Monday to see who has sent in the right answers.
We hope you all had a safe but unusual Easter break. If you did any interesting things or activities over Easter we would love to see them and share them on our web page for your friends to see. Send us your photographs and we will up load them.
Use the year 1 email address.
Check out our Easter activities that have been emailed in!
- Complete the reading sentences activity on Education city - Reading sentences homework
- Each day write a sentence or sentences about something you have done that day.
There are lots of different ebooks the children can read on Oxford Owls website. They are reading books we use in school and they have activities the children can do after. Please aim for your child to read 1 or 2 books a week.
You will need to register ( it is free) so you can access the books. Please access the books for children aged 5-6 as these are what they are reading in class.
Have a go at writing a book review for one of the books you have a read.
Think about: Write / draw your responses
- What was the title?
- Draw a picture about the story.
- Write a sentence to describe the story
- What was the best part of the story?
- Who were the characters in the story?
Fun activities to try
Keep checking the list as we will add more things as we find them.
- Cosmic Kids yoga - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
- Joe Wicks PE lessons - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz0go1pTda8
- Watch the animals at Chester Zoo on the live web cam https://www.chesterzoo.org/
- Play the games on Phonics play - Username: march20 password: home
- Try cooking with an adult
- Plant some seeds or help in the garden
- Learn a magic trick
- Listen to a bedtime story on Cbeebies
- Play a board game
- Go on a mini-beast hunt in your garden
This weeks focus: Number and Place value
Over this week please complete these tasks.
- Education city homework more or less
- Education city homework ordering numbers to 20
- Education City homework counting in 10s
- Tens and ones 2Do on purple mash
100 square challenge - more or less than a given number
Using your 100 square from your pack ask someone to ask you questions to find 1 more or 1 less than a given number, What is 1 more than 19? What is 1 less than 32? use the hundred square to find the answers!
Can you find the answers to 10 more or 10 less than a given number?
You could also ask other people in your house the questions and use the hundred square to see if they are right!
Log in details are in the back of the childrens homework books or reading records.
The Great Outdoors
Either in your house or around your garden, explore the different objects you can find. Can you name the objects and the materials they are made from, and think about what words you would use to describe them.
Make a list
Please complete the identifying materials homework on education city.
This week can you help with recycling different objects at home. Which objects/materials go in which bin.
Can you make a poster to tell people how to recycle, and which materials we can recycle.
Any posters you make email them to Year1@st-bartholomews.lancs.sch.uk
and we will put them on the website for everyone to see.
Our bean plant gallery
Keep sending in your photographs and we will keep updating the progress of your plants.