Sports Premium 2019 - 2020
Implementing the Sports Premium in
St Bartholomew’s School
The Sports Premium funding is jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to the primary school to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. This year, each school received £16,000 plus an extra £10 per pupil. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Reception pupils are not counted so we received £17,270 for 2019 - 2020.
Purpose of the funding
Schools will have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
At St Bartholomew’s Primary School, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, it is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
We have decided to use the money for:
- Buying in to the Rossendale School sports partnership (please see below)
- Employing qualified specialist coaches to enhance extra curriculum sport clubs
- Continuous professional development for staff
- High quality resources to enhance teaching and learning
- Playtime and Lunchtime equipment for active playtimes
- Continuing a Change 4 life club
- Purchase of training and equipment for Commando Joe Problem Solving Activities
- Sibsidise Robinwood residential and other active school-based visits
- Purchase new sports kits for events and team self-esteem
- Hiring transport to enhance competition participation
- Additional hours for TA to organise and facilitate additional events
Impact of Primary PE and Sports Premium: